It’s 2017. Let’s run through 17 things I’ve learnt for 2017, and 17 things I want to do in 2017 (really just some resolutions).
17 things I’ve learnt for 2017
- People are not always going to like you, and that’s okay.
- You will always lose the things (and those) you love in time, appreciate time. Hug your dog, spend time with your grandparents, unconditional love is hard to come by but it doesn’t last forever.
- You can do anything, you won’t be great at it immediately, but you’ll improve. Trust in yourself.
- Changing yourself is good, but make sure it’s to better yourself and not for the enjoyment of other people.
- Learn something new often. Coding, cooking, journaling, ballet, even just a little.
- Choose a career path that you’re passionate about, people can hear it in your voice and it’s very rewarding.
- Be an advocate for animals, women, children…., don’t be ashamed to stand up for what you believe in.
- Travel, seeing the world brings you perspective.
- Treat yourself.
- Get enough sleep, nothing ages you more.
- If you don’t enjoy something, speak up. Don’t let fear get in the way of your comfort.
- You deserve to be treated with respect, don’t let some boy say otherwise.
- Sunday scaries have a way of reminding you that you’re a grown up now. You will survive, and you will thrive.
- You don’t have to work out to be skinny, or gain 4% more muscle, or anything you don’t want to. But be aware of your health, we are fragile beings.
- Work hard, be proud of yourself.
- Be nice to people. You could make someone’s day.
- You’ll feel sad sometimes, bad days do end.
17 things I want to do in 2017
- Touch up on my Chinese – reading, writing, maybe even learn some more Cantonese.
- Spend more time with my family.
- Learn to leave my insecurities behind (even if it’s just sometimes).
- Watch all the Harry Potters – I know, I know, I’ve lived under a rock.
- Read more.
- Commit some time to writing this blog and not leaving it empty for another 2 years like all the others I’ve started.
- Learn to make 5 complete meals.
- Get my business(es) up and running.
- Do my finances properly, money in my account is one thing, I never know how much I really spend.
- Bring back some of that French fluency I picked up between Year 12 and university French.
- Be more stable. Share my life more. Communicate more.
- Put up a tree for Christmas (neglected it for 3 years now, guilty).
- Be more independent. Get rid of that spider all by myself.
- Participate more, be less homebody.
- Cut my hair as short as I dare.
- Be happy.
Join me this year, it’s going to be an amazing 365 day adventure. I’m starting the year by ticking off #6 and #12, sharing more of my life and clicking “Publish” for the first time. Yay!